Allen County Child
Support Enforcement Agency
West Market Street
PO Box 1589
Lima, Ohio 45801
Although CSEA handles most issues associated with your support case, we do not handle all issues that may arise. Below you will find a list of things that CSEA does NOT handle.
CSEA does NOT
- Deal directly with issues of visitation and/or custody.
- Offer and/or dispense legal advice. This should be handled by a private attorney or by contacting Juvenile or Domestic Court directly. (See Important Contact Information sheet)
- Provide representation for the Obligor or Obligee at court hearings. Although the CSEA will have attorneys present at court hearings, he/she represents the CSEA, NOT the individual Obligor or Obligee.
- Provide copies of Judgment Entries for Domestic or Juvenile Court Orders.
- Assign different Caseworkers for the Obligor and Obligee on the same case. There is one Caseworker assigned to each case. The Caseworker is a neutral party responsible for the enforcement of the Support Order(s). They do NOT take sides and they do NOT represent either party.
- Give credit for direct payments (payments made outside of the CSEA). By law, direct payments are considered a gift.
- Dictate or verify how support is utilized (i.e. rent, utilities, food, clothing, etc.).
- Use a current spouse.s income to determine support obligation(s). An Obligor.s and/or Obligee.s current spouse.s income cannot be used when determining the support Obligation. (See Modification Information sheet).
- Discuss a case with a third party without receiving prior written consent of the Obligor or Obligee.
- Process waivers of all financial obligations.
- Give advice on tax exemption questions.
Site Design By